No Injuries in Springfield Fire | News

Title (Max 100 Characters)

No Injuries in Springfield Fire
News

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- It took firefighters about 10 minutes to put out a fire in Springfield on Thursday morning.

The fire began on the second floor of the home located near the intersection of North Liberty Street and East 7th Street, according to Jacksonville Fire Rescue Department Public Information Officer Tom Francis.

The fire started in the laundry room, Francis said, and appeared to be caused by an overloaded circuit.

There were two adults in the home at the time of the fire. They both were able to escape without injuries.

Francis said the local chapter of the Red Cross was assisting the two adults and two children who were not home at the time of the fire.

News

Springfield Deals

Springfield Businesses